A Catholic Knight

A Catholic Knight

30 January, 2015

The Most Effective Weapon of a Catholic Knight

The Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Anyone seeking to be a Catholic Knight should make daily recitation of the Rosary a lifetime habit.

Jesus, my Lord and Savior, make me your instrument this day, that I may be a faithful witness to you and your Church. Preserve me from anything that would be detrimental to my soul and the souls of those around me.


Joyful  Mysteries
(Mondays, Thursdays, Sundays of Advent, Christmas and after the Epiphany) 

Annunciation to Mary that she will be the Mother of the Messiah
Grant me the grace to submit to the Will of God. 

Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
Grant me the grace to tend to the needs of others. 

Nativity of Christ
Shield me from the love of wealth and power. 

Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
Grant me the grace to obey the laws of the Church. 

Finding of Jesus in the Temple
I dedicate all of my work to God.


Sorrowful Mysteries
(Tuesdays, Fridays, Sundays of Lent) 

Christ's agony in the garden
Shield me from distractions during prayer. 

Scourging of Christ at the pillar
Grant me the grace to be willing to suffer for the Faith. I offer all of my 
sufferings for the souls of those in need of God's mercy. 

Crowning of Christ with thorns
I accept Christ as my Lord and King. 

Christ carries His Cross
 Grant me the grace to carry my own cross without complaint out of love of God.  

Death of Christ on the Cross
Grant me the grace of final perseverance. 


Glorious Mysteries
(Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays of Easter and after Pentecost) 

Resurrection of Christ
I dedicate myself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which has loved me so much.

Ascension of Christ into Heaven
Grant me the grace to be grateful for the love and mercy of Christ, who stands before the Father on my behalf. 

Descent of the Holy Ghost on the Church
Come Holy Spirit, fill my heart and make me your own. 

Assumption of Mary into Heaven
I dedicate myself to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  

Crowning of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
I  accept Mary as my Queen and Holy Mother. Grant me the grace to follow her as she leads me to her Son.